Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What's In the Lightswitch?

The other day I saw a line of ants crawling up the wall going in to and out of the light switch on the porch. My curiosity was peaked and I had to take the light switch cover off and see what these damn ants were up to.
Closer inspection revealed eggs and lots of them. Probably 20 or so! What kind of eggs are they and how did they get there?





One of the eggs was broken and that's why the ants were in there. We took the eggs out and put them in a jar. They have have not hatched but we believe they are gecko eggs. We have tons of geckos around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Creeepy and cool and the same time...I try not to think what it creeping behind the walls in my house...

Those look like gecko eggs to me: http://www.ecologyasia.com/images-k-z/Spotted_House_Gecko_eggs_4958.jpg