Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh, Sorry...

I was driving home from diving Saturday morning. I was near the airport in Aguadilla. I was stopped behind two cars at a stop sign waiting to make a left hand turn. I picked up my phone and started to make a call. A motor cycle Cop is coming in the other direction and he sees me put the phone to my ear. He stops right next to my truck and he bleeps the siren. I put the phone down and rolled down my window. He says something in Spanish. I look at him and say "un poco habla Espanol".  He pauses then says "Oh, Sorry" and he drives off.  Too funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. And they drive around with the lights on all the time don't you think? And no one pulls over to the side...Do you think when he found out you didn't speak Spanish he was too nervous to try English?

Anonymous said...

Many of our friends told us that if we get pulled over, pretend that you can't speak spanish. I heard it works every time ;).

Anonymous said...

Just so you don't get pulled over again, know that it's illegal to talk on the cell and drive at the same time. Talking with a handsfree device is fine, but holding a phone and driving? No.