Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Trying to Surf

The surf in Jobos has been small enough for us to get out and try surfing! So far we have been 4 times and each time can stand more often and longer. Our form isn't the best and our timing really sucks but we are having a blast!  I should have gotten a bigger board (mine is the green one) but I got what I could find. For a couple hundred bucks it was better than renting and we can go whenever we want as long as there are baby waves. Here I am about to fall after a little ride in.
 Here's Jeff on the way up...
Looks like I missed that one...
Little too late...
That felt good!
Yup, that's my board.
Jeff had a little ride...
On his way up or down - not sure which.
Jessica...
Jessica on her knees!
Hopefully we get some more baby waves and can work on stuff  a little more. It is a great workout and Jobos is 25 minutes from the house. Can't beat that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I really want to take a shot at surfing. Were you out beyond the jaggedy rock encirclement? It seems Jobos has a sandy entry/exit, no urchins. Very fun and great camera shots-like a pro! Wil

Jeff and Katrina Kruse said...

Hi Wil - when you are here we will go! Isabella is great because you can stay in the cove where the littler waves are (at least this time of year) and mostly it is sand. Maria's in Rincon is where I took a lesson and there are all kinds of obstacles and people! The waves start to grow at that rocky point and crash just inside it - further out as you go west on the beach (and bigger). kat